Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring... is... here... zzzzzzzz

One of the ways I know spring has arrived is when I get home every night after my roommates.

And then sit on the couch.

Because I'm exhausted.

When daylight savings hits, I start getting up earlier on my own- even if my alarm isn't set to go off until 8, I'm usually wide awake by 7, 7:30 at the latest.

Which means I'm usually out the door by 9.

And then I typically ride until dark.

Which is 7:30 right now.

Which puts me home at 8.

Which equals 11 hour days.

Which means when I get home, I'm exhausted, and I can't figure out why.

Until I realize I've put in 11 hours without stopping.

And everyone is in full work, so even the trail horses are getting their spring tune ups.

And after contemplating that for a moment, I take a cool shower to wash the grit off of me.

And crash. Hard. Until the next morning.


But the good news is, loyal blog readers, that its supposed to rain tomorrow.

So I ought to be able to write a blog about teaching lots of lessons. And Stacy's visit. And everyone's training progress.

Kay?

3 comments:

  1. Oh yuck. I hate daylight savings because I feel like I don't get enough sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your tiredness, I was happy to see rain in the forecast for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and Hub both. he's asleep before he can finish his dinner and I'm like, "hello! I've been waiting all day to talk to you!" I was lazy and didn't get up early to work out this morninig and I thought about your post. I thought, "I'm just tired cause it's spring!"

    ReplyDelete