Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stormy Weather...

Hehe... Stormy Weather is the name of the book that my dear friend, Stacy (as in Team Taco), wrote.

But also, we've had really bad weather for oh, the last... two weeks. Sustained winds between 15-30mph, humid, warm, storms, tornado cells. It's been ugly. The last two days seem to have been the worst and it looks like we're out of the woods through the weekend. In the words of the weather channel:

"We are in the midst of a potential historic tornado outbreak.  Northeast Mississippi, central/northern Alabama, middle Tennessee and northwest Georgia all fall under the greatest threat zone."

And sure enough.

So, we've all survived. Amy woke up around 4:30 am to a tornado in her front yard (literally), we got it about 5:30 (loudest thunder I've ever heard, and some lightning so bright I saw red.). Also, please think happy thoughts/jingle/pray for my friend Megan down in Decatur, AL who's barn was leveled. We're waiting to hear back about the horses.

In other news, if you live in Middle TN and need your trailer serviced, please ask me or Megan Corbett for the number of the Larry, the trailer guy. Megan has been using him for awhile and I brought him my trailer to fix this weekend and he did an AWESOME JOB. He is a horse person and doesn't try to short or cheap on anything- he does it RIGHT and SAFELY. The vertical piece that holds all my dividers and chest bars up broke in two, basically. He took it out, re-welded a new, thicker piece of metal, then reinforced THAT by sliding another, thicker piece inside it. When he went to put it back in, he noticed it was just sitting in a hole cut in the floor, so he bolted a steel plate to that, through to one of the cross members, and reinforced THAT. And sprayed it all grey to match. AND charged me $25-50 less than he quoted to get it done. AND called me back later to tell me I'd over paid him ($5) and he would credit that to me the next time. Megan says he does everything and I highly recommend him because I feel like he cares about the safety of me and my horses.

Also, I've lost a little more than 10 lbs since I began my detox (which is now over), which is awesome. The jeans I bought two weeks ago are starting to feel a little loose. Onward!

I'm dying because I'm not going to Rolex (for the first time in 8 years), but thankfully the coverage from Ecogold, EN, USeventing and other bloggers and fb-ers is brilliant. We're going to live stream it on Saturday so we can feel like we're there. Close enough, I suppose, and easier on the pocket book.

And right now, I'm in the middle of a Glee Season 1 marathon because our comcast doesn't want to play. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment