Saturday, January 22, 2011

The "good" side of winter...

My horses both come when I call them, now, since all I do is change their blankies and feed them cookies.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I was riding them, but I'm not even THAT upset that they're on vacation. When I hauled the two of them to Triune to ride last week, they were both fabulous, so I really think the rest is good for them, recharge their brains, not stress their bodies...

They'll come back better than ever for the spring season and it won't take long to get them back to where they were.

I've been invited to ride in the indoor around the corner from us, so I think I may try to haul them a little more often to do a little dressage school here and there, but in the end, I've made it this far with both horses not having had an area for the last four years, and they're doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment