Saturday, January 1, 2011

You say goodbye, and I say hello...

My time at SPF has seen LOTS of changes.

We started as a family of something like 9 people, when I started boarding there 4 years ago. Sending out an "email blast" was a matter of remembering the other 8 boarders and Anita and hitting send.

Now that we have 40something horses, its not quite as small and familiar of a family, but a family none the less.

Today, one of our family members moved on to another barn and we'll miss her so much!

It's never easy when someone leaves, either because they've sold their horse, they're moving away or simply moving on, but everyone who boards at SPF leaves hoof prints behind and most everyone knows "we'll leave the light on!"

Its always weird for me when I look back at my old calendar and see names of horses that I was riding in a certain month- things move so fast, I forget sometimes.

But with every "exit" from SPF, a spot opens up and new opportunity arises for a new family member...

And everything just keeps on turning...

2 comments: