Thursday, February 3, 2011

I hate mornings...

I never used to be a hard sleeper, but when I'm out working all day in the fresh air, I sleep like a brick. Winter doesn't usually give me the same sleep benefits, but last night I was OUT.

I'm also NOT a morning person, so I set my alarm for about an hour before I intend to wake up, then take inventory when it goes off of when I'd actually like to to roll out of bed.

This morning, and most mornings, this is what goes through my head.

*Alarm goes off*

Me: DIE, ALARM.

-9 minutes later-
*Alarm goes off*

Me: Where am I? Do I have all my fingers and toes? Are my dogs breathing? Home, yes, yes. Ok.

-9 minutes later-
*Alarm goes off*

Me: What day is it? Dunno. Hm. What day was yesterday? Wednesday? Sure. Ok. It was cold yesterday. Is it going to be cold today? *crack one eye open to see if there is sun outside or if it decided to randomly snow or ice or rain* It's going to be cold today. Dang.

-9 minutes later-
*Alarm goes off*

Me: Okay, so its going to be cold. I wonder how many horses I need to ride today. I hate working horses when its cold, but I guess they'll just have to deal with it since its supposed to rain tomorrow. I should probably get out of bed, then. But if its only going to be 37 today, it won't be above freezing for awhile, so there is no point in getting out of bed early...

-9 minutes later-
*Alarm goes off*

Me: Okay, okay, if I don't get up now I'll not get out of the house by the time it DOES start to warm up. *Usually, about this time, my phone makes the noise alerting me that I have a new text/email/facebook update, so I roll over, trying not to alert Shea that I am awake and check my texts/emails/facebook updates with one eye open and as much as me under the covers as possible...*

Shea: MORNING!!!! MORNINGMORNINGMORNINGMORNING!!!!! I LICK YOUR NOSE IN THE MORNING!!!!! MOOOOOOVEOVER SO I CAN LICK YOUR NOOOOOSE!!! LICKYOURNOSE, LICK YOUR NOSE, LICK YOUR NOOOOOOOOOOSE!!!! I LOOOOOOVE MORNING! MORNING MEANS WE'RE AWAKE AND I CAN LICK YOUR NOSE!!! ARE YOU UP YET? WAAAAKE UPPPPPPP!!!! NOSELICKS!! MORNINGNOSELICKS!!! IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER THAN LICKING YOUR NOSE IN THE MORNING?!!?



And then its all over and I'm awake. Then Gio, the bum, climbs his warm little self out from under the covers and makes a big production about stretching and yawning and fussing over the fact that he had to wake up.

I know how it feels, little dude, trust me. I know.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way. I set my alarm for 7:45 to give myself a head start. Then I set it for 8am. I snooze from 8 til 8:25... with the alarm going off every five minutes. Then I FINALLY drag my ass out of bed and have ten minutes to get out the door.

    The puppy definitely helps.

    ReplyDelete